ABOUT OUR LIBRARY
- State -of -the -art Library supporting the college’s mission to provide access to learner-centered high quality services.
- Sprawling over 32,000 sq.ft. a three storied bee-hub of activity.
- Houses over 1 lakh 12 thousand books and the research wing has Doctoral and M.Phil dissertations for ready reference.
- Spacious reading areas, carrels for the research oriented, UGC funded Internet Cafe and the Resource Centre for the Visually challenged and the vision impaired and an outsourced photocopying facility is available in the General Library.
- The General Library’s subscribed National and International print journals covering all branches of study and the bounded back volumes of journals categorized under their respective subjects for reference are housed in the exclusive Periodical Section.
- EBSCO online database and UGC INFLIBNET N-LIST which contains e-books and e-journals for research development is also made available.
- The Library Timings on all working days is between – 7.30 a.m to 5.00 p.m.
- The Library is automated with RFID technology.
- All students and faculty of the College are members of the College Library and can borrow books against their College ID Card.
- The best practice of the General Library is Cornucopia- the annual Library fest aimed towards marketing Library services. An on campus book exhibition is organised to cultivate the habit of ‘own a book every year’ amidst students. To accentuate the need for initiating the culture of reading among students a renowned speaker is invited to address the young community every year.
- Email ID:email@example.com
ETHIRAJ COLLEGE FOR WOMEN
70, Ethiraj Salai, Egmore,Chennai 600008, Tamilnadu, India
On smaller computer screens website is better viewed at 75% zoom