DEPARTMENT OF BCOM(Hons)
- Year of inception: 2012.
- Courses offered UG: B.Com (Hons.)
- Sanctioned Strength =40
- Milestones of the department (MOU’s) :
- RAINTREE HOTELS
- MANOHAR CHOUDHARY ASSOCIATES
- PADMANABAN RAMANI AND RAMANUJAM
- J MURALI AND CO
- EXCEL IN EXCEL
- CNK AND ASSOCIATES
- PANASONIC APPLIANCES INDIA CO LTD.
- ARAMM FINSERV – INVESTMENT ADVISORY.
- Department Email ID:[email protected]
- The Department was established in 2012 with the view to expose the students to the areas of application of knowledge in business firms and industrial organizations. It was started with an initial strength of 40 students.
- The Department organizes several co-curricular activities, notable among them being AURORA, an annual inter collegiate and intra department event. This marks the release of an in-house journal, giving the students an opportunity to express their thoughts on paper.
- As part of the one-day fest, various interesting events such as Debate, Adzap, case study, etc. are conducted which enable students to discover their innate talents. One of the college clubs named ‘E-cell’ started an initiative named “Altitude” for printing certificates, which is done by our department students, in order to develop and grasp entrepreneurship skills.
- During the Pandemic, a three-day INTERNATIONAL webinar was held to provide students with a global perspective. One day international conference was conducted to enhance the student’s knowledge on current trends such as, Redefining the Global Health System Post First Wave of the Pandemic, tackling Financial and Social Inequalities for Post- Pandemic Recovery, Pandemic’ s role in transition of electronics from luxury to necessity goods and transformation of the banking sector post covid-19. Mock interviews were done as part of the corporate grooming and career advising sessions, which are helpful for the students in the future.
- To provide practical exposure of a working environment, students are being sent to different MOU companies like Manohar Chowdhary and associates, Raintree, Indian Overseas Bank, for a 14-week period of internship.
- To instigate a strong mindset of becoming a socially responsible citizen, students come together and conduct activities like setting up a charity box, conducting spoken English classes for primary school students and planting saplings through the department’ s very own Campus Social Responsibility club’ s “ Ignite” .
ETHIRAJ COLLEGE FOR WOMEN
70, Ethiraj Salai, Egmore,Chennai 600008, Tamilnadu, India
On smaller computer screens website is better viewed at 75% zoom