Centre for Women's Studies
- A Certificate Course in Gender Studies is conducted with 100 students on roll from various disciplines. Lawyers, Police personnel, academicians and activists are invited to share their observations with students and take class. Students also do project work and engage themselves in the preparation of the questionnaire its distribution and analysis. Towards the end examination is conducted for the registered students.
- A paper on Personality Enrichment for Women is offered as Soft Skills in the I semester of PG
The Centre has a library consisting of books, journals and magazines pertaining to women’s issues. The Library through its collection aims to provide an overall perspective regarding the Women’s Organizations and Movements, current issues, development policies, programmes and schemes relating to women and strives to fill in the information gaps in these areas.
- Teaching, Research & Documentation
- Outreach Activities, Field Visits & Awareness Programmes
- Training Programmes
- Conferences, Seminars &Workshops
- Publishing Books, Research Reports, Training Manuals, Monographs and Booklets.
The UGC funded Centre for Women’s Studies (WSC) of Ethiraj College was established in the academic year 2009 – 2010. The main objective of the Centre is to build Women’s Studies as an important discipline by offering courses to students and training to the target groups. The Centre has developed sufficient infrastructure and instigated work on research, publication, documentation and extension activities. Centre for Women’s Studies acts as a link between academicians, activists, government functionaries, NGO personnel and media persons so as to mainstream women’s and gender issues in the society and to achieve UN sustainable development goal of promoting equality and empowerment
ETHIRAJ COLLEGE FOR WOMEN
70, Ethiraj Salai, Egmore,Chennai 600008, Tamilnadu, India